Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Moment In Time Layout

Mixed media is not my forte so every once in awhile I like to practice. I thought the sketch at Bo Bunny this month was pretty cool with its grid pattern. I have the Beautiful Dreamer kit with lots of clocks so I decided to join the challenge at More Than Words which is to use the word Moment and include a clock. I used pictures of my daughter at Christmas because I took lots and her dress matches the kit. Unfortunately, I didn't have another picture for the center so the tongue sticking out made the cut. However, it's a more realistic representation of that moment in time than the other pictures!

 
Here is the sketch:

 
Here is the inspiration picture:
I cut the grid out in my Silhouette on a white paper and the title on black. I dragged the paper through some distress ink to add the purple colour. I stamped some green and black splatters. Then I used a blending tool with black ink to mute the white. I added the two frames at the end for some more contrast and contemplated adding some stitching but I decided not to.
 
Supplies
Bo Bunny: Beautiful Dreamer
Finnabar splatter stamp
Distress Ink - Tim Holtz: Victorian Velvet
Black thread
Gold wire
Pop dots
Date stamp
Black ink
Green ink
 
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Great layout Caroline and fabulous pics too. Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique layout I love the composition! You did a great job! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on both challenges. I love the tongue sticking out photo because it's so real! Great page!
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so clever - and I love the centre picture! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layout!! So different! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a Wonderful Layout!!!
    Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words¡

    ReplyDelete
  7. SENSATIONAL page!
    Thank You for joining in over @ More Than Words...

    ReplyDelete