Sunday, August 20, 2017

Summer Ice Cream Layout

There are so many fantastic layouts popping up in my Instagram feed with the Summer Lights collection, I decided to give it a go. I've had zero ideas lately but at least I knew which picture would match my paper so that is where I started. I also played along with the Paper Issues Take 5 challenge.
I knew the popsicle paper had to be in the layout so I cut it on an angle and tried it out with different backgrounds. I played around with the frames until I got something I liked and then sewed around the layout before gluing anything down. I had a bunch of embellishment die cuts and kept adding more but didn't want it to just be die cuts so I found some straws and white paint. That did the trick for me.
I used turquoise, die cut, patterned paper, title, border, ink, and a summer theme. I guess that's more than five.
Supplies
Pink Paislee - Summer Lights
White gesso
Paper straws
Black fine tip Sharpie pen
White thread
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment