Monday, March 13, 2017

Hooray Layout

This is one of those layouts where I'm not too sure if I love it or hate it. So I must fall somewhere in the middle. I love the concept but I feel my execution wasn't all there. But that's ok because I want to take more risks. However, if anyone knows how to make brushstrokes that aren't so spikey (like the ones on the background paper) feel free to comment. I couldn't figure it out.
I used this sketch from Stuck?! Sketches.
I began by cropping my photos and realized they were pretty big once I cut the circles. But I didn't want to lose anything in the photos so giant circles it was! They didn't pop off the background so I added the black. I decided to paint them to go with the painting theme but they aren't as streaky as I would like. The pictures are so fun, I'm just glad I finally got to put them on paper.
I made sure to include pieces for the Take 5 Challenge at Paper Issues. I used twine, stickers, 2 or more photos, chipboard and circles.
I'm also playing along at Clique Kits in the Anything Goes challenge. I used my Cameo to cut out the big pieces of this layout
Supplies
Crate Paper - Gather
Crate Paper - Bloom
Amy Tan - You & Me Thickers
White cardstock
Tim Holtz distress tool
Black paint
Clear gesso
Black fine tip Sharpie pen
Green twine
Silhouette Cameo to cut circles
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. The paint works really well with your colourful photos and the bold title. Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I saw your LO in the Stuck?! gallery and wanted to come over and take a closer look. It's fabulous! Love the four colours, perfect for the painting theme. I don't know a lot about painting and brush strokes but I think it probably depends on the style of the brush itself (rounded / blunt etc). Have great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love the way that the black paint makes your layers pop! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page! The painted background is just perfect! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the sketch and love your brush strokes!! Awesome colors and perfect for your photos! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete