Sunday, September 25, 2016

Everyday Has A Story - Scraplift Sunday at PI

Today we are lifting the fabulous, creative and beautiful layout by Stacie Ebnet-Dietz at Paper Issues in the Friends and Fans Facebook Group. I chose to use the Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills collection. I chose a picture of my mom while we opened presents on Christmas afternoon. I love how her sweater matches the paper.

I fussy cut the half circles and layered them. I hummed and hawed over whether I would color block them or mix them and I went with the latter. The background I had to make twice. I tried with acrylic paint and didn't like that the colors didn't match perfectly and I found it hard to mix them. Plus I tried spreading the paint by blowing through a straw and I didn't like how it spread. Definitely not as nice as Stacie's! So I started over with watercolors and had much more success and decided to not use the straw.

 
Supplies
Pinkfresh Studio: Indigo Hills
Blue embroidery thread
Fine tip Sharpie pen
Watercolors
Date stamp
Black ink
 
Need some Indigo Hills? It is available in the Paper Issues Store at 20% off with the code Carolyn.
 
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment