Sunday, August 14, 2016

Splash Park Layout

I've been wanting to make a double page layout of these pictures for a long time and decided this was the day to do it. Anytime I need a double page sketch I check out Let's Scrap. Of course they did not disappoint and had an awesome sketch that worked really well for me. Click on the picture and check out all the stuff that is packed into this layout!

 
Here is the sketch from Let's Scrap. I just love that pocket at the top which made me dig some out of my stash. I also joined the Twofer Tuesday challenge at Paper Issues.
 

 
Let me tell you, this layout was fun to make but the headaches with my Silhouette machine - yikes! I just got the cut file for the title and it wanted to double cut every time I traced it. I searched everywhere on the Internet to find the solution which seemed to be turn off the high pass filter. Well that wouldn't let me trace at all. So finally I changed file formats to PNG and that allowed me to trace. But then it wouldn't let me weld! Finally, I just colored in the outline of the word, traced it, and it did the same thing as welding. So I've had no sleep and my daughter is not impressed with the time this has taken - lol. Hopefully, this might help someone as I saw a lot of people asking for help with these issues. If anyone knows what I need to do to fix these problems please feel free to comment!
 
Supplies
Simple Stories - Carpe Diem Collection (HOT banner - Sunshine & Happiness)
K & Company - Smash Pocket
Title cut file - The Cut Shoppe: Open Letter Alpha
Flourish cut file - Silhouette Store
Black cardstock - Coordinations
Fiskars wave punch
Dollarama tags in pocket
 
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful double layout, I love your colour choices and your title really pops. Thanks for joining us at Let's scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great fun layout!!! Love the fun pics too!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge and we hope to see you playing again!!

    Hugs,
    Cathy
    Let's Scrap Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Title Work, it really makes you take notice. I love what you have done with our sketch from Let's Scrap! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful layout, so bright and cheery perfect for a splash park layout. Thank you for playing along with Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! I also had trouble with this cut file and after emailing back and forth I figured it out. Well worth the effort Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete