Monday, August 29, 2016

Family Layout - DT Sketches In Thyme

Hello everyone! I hope you will be able to join the challenge this week at Sketches In Thyme. This sketch was so much fun and I decided to take the plunge and do some mixed media. I had to practice on another sheet but it payed off because I really like how it turned out.


Here is the fabulous sketch:

I began with the Snapshot Stack because it has these polaroid frames like the sketch. Next, I went through my photos and chose the one I did because the frames would fit if I cut the photo in half. The colours also went nicely with the Snapshot Stack so I continued to work from it. I used the plastic packaging technique with the red paint and then splattered a few colours. I used texture paste mixed with black paint and a stencil for the upper arrows.

I'm also going to play along with the Anything Goes Mix It Up Monday at Paper Issues.

Supplies
DCWV: The Snapshot Stack
Ranger Texture Paste
Yellow Paint - Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Fossilized Amber
Blue Paint - Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Mermaid Lagoon
Red Paint - Craft Smart
Black embroidery thread
Title - American Crafts: You & Me
Stamp - Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous: Bitty Grunge
Stencil - The Crafter's Workshop: Mini Arrows and Hearts
Date - Simple Stories SNAP! letters
Fine tip Sharpie pen

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: