Friday, May 6, 2016

Love 2 Layout

Hi there. I saw the cool Page Maps sketch for the BoBunny April Challenge and managed to find time to join in.


Here is the sketch.
 
Can you tell I have a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine? I love how stitching looks but hate that I can't sew straight and hate changing thread and hate rethreading and hate when my thread tension is off. I could go on but I think you have the idea! I keep telling myself to practice and it will get better. The Mix It Up Monday Challenge at Paper Issues offered the motivation to use stitching on a layout.
 
I used some green watercolors on the background using the plastic packaging technique. I also stenciled the purple love words with a blending pen (never used one before so my paper kept getting too wet, so again, I'll need to practice). I stamped the sentiment and love words and used a splatter stamp on the background. I flicked a bit of black paint but restrained myself - I always go too crazy with it!
 
Supplies
BoBunny: Beautiful Dreamer
Stamps - Close To My Heart: Speckled Background & Moments
Ink - Tim Holtz: Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, Hampton Art Black
Stencil - Teresa Collins Signature Essentials
Journaling - Studio Series Metallic Marker
Stampin' Up Blending Pen
Black Love Word - Fancy Pants: Me-ology
Black Thread
Photo Corner
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment