Wednesday, April 27, 2016

To The Right Layout

My daughter loves driving this little car. I can't say her cousin loves being the passenger but they sure are cute together.


I was inspired by the April 1 sketch at Stuck?! Sketches. I love all the white space but I think I went a little crazy because there isn't much left in my layout! I really wanted to use my Attwell supplies but I've used a lot of it so I've got some interesting matting happening. I kind of like how it turned out. The best part is the title. I really, really wanted to use my Amy Tan words but I have hardly any left so I was able to make this phrase. It kinda works with the driving theme, right? Or can you tell I didn't have enough words to work with - ha ha?

 
I also was inspired by the mood board at Off The Rails. I love these colours and knew the Attwell collection would work well. The handwritten title came from the handwritten note on the mood board. The title of the mood board is "water colors" so I made sure to use the "Stunning" paper which looks like a painting and then I splattered some paint as that is the extent of my painting abilities!
 

Supplies
Paper, Washi & Tag - Fancy Pants: Attwell
Title - Amy Tangerine: Today
Black Embossing Powder - Close To My Heart
Doily - Michael's
Stickers - Bella Blvd: Tiny Tots, Valentina, Campout, Playdate, Fresh Market
Enamel Pieces - My Mind's Eye: Jubilee Tangerine Awesome & Necessities Red
Black Paint
Red and Black Cardstock
Chipboard Flowers and Centers - the stash
 
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous page and great design! Love the photos too. Thanks for joining us at OTR :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, love the background! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colours, cute photos and that large title is just perfect! Great take on both the sketch and the moodboard. Thanks for joining us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my LOVE the background work and title
    Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun page! Love the title. Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this fun page! Thanks for joining us on OTR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous fun and bright page.. so glad you joined us at OTR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, I love how you used the paper to matte the photos and the title work is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh fabulous. Thank you for joining OTR this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh fabulous. Thank you for joining OTR this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous layout. Thanks for joining us at OTR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I can imagine being the driver is much better than being the passenger! LOVE your page and the memorie you captured! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout. So bright, colourful and full of fun. Thanks for joining us at OTR.

    ReplyDelete